Elephant.co.uk car insurance, launched in August 2000 and part of the Admiral Group, specialises in online car insurance.
They were the first UK company created to sell car insurance online.
With minimal overheads they are able to pass on their savings to customers by offering cheap car insurance quotes.
They participate in car insurance comparison websites, such as Confused.com, where you can get quotes from different providers to ensure you get the best car insurance to meet your needs.
As well as car insurance they also offer other products, including bike insurance, van insurance, home insurance, travel insurance and car warranty.
Elephant car insurance seek to offer great value, be straightforward with no-nonsense.
Their website states ‘We don’t like faffing, so work hard to make your life easier. We believe car insurance should be quick, easy and most of all – reliable’.
What does Elephant car insurance offer?
In addition to seeking to provide cheap car insurance, some of the key benefits you can get with Elephant comprehensive car insurance are
- Free European cover included in all policies, allowing you to drive in Europe for 90 days in any single year of cover
- Free courtesy car to use when your car is under repair at an Elephant car insurance approved garage
- Personal Injury cover – this is £5,000 of personal injury cover for you and your spouse to help if you have had a serious accident
- Free windscreen cover. This means that if you get a chip in your windscreen it will be repaired or replaced, subject to an excess fee
- Named driver bonus – any named driver on your policy could earn Elephant No Claims Bonus for use with Elephant policies
- In-car Entertainment (ICE) Cover – up to £1,250 or 15% of the value of your car, whichever is the lower
- Sports Cover – up to £300 sports equipment cover for theft or damage by fire or accident
- Easy policy management online through the Elephant car insurance online customer service facility which allows you to change and view your policy details and see how future changes can affect your premium.
- Flexible payment options
How can you buy Elephant car insurance and are there any discounts?
You can use the Elephant car insurance website to get a quote. You can get your online insurance quote in a matter of minutes.
If you want to compare car insurance, use a service such as that provided by Confused.com – enter your information just once and you can get quotes from a number of different providers, including such as Elephant, at the same time.
You can then select the quote and buy a car insurance policy that best suits your needs – remember that whilst price is important, so too is making sure you have the cover you need.