Continuing our review of credit cards we now look at The National Trust credit card – what are the benefits?
You can get a National Trust Card quickly and easily online.
If you apply between 8am and 8pm Monday to Thursday or 8am to 5pm Friday you could get an instant decision.
Otherwise you should hear within 7 to 10 days of your application.
Key benefits of the National Trust credit card for you are:
- 0% on balance transfers for 12 months – 3% balance transfer handling fee
- 0% on card purchases for 3 months from the date the account is opened
- 16.9% APR typical (variable)
- There’s no annual fee
- When you spend £25 or more in National Trust Shops using the card you save £5
- You can use online banking and opt for paperless statements to help the environment
- Access to a free worldwide 24 hour UK based customer service helpline
- You won’t be liable for faudulent online on high street transaction as long as you advise as soon as you notice unusual transactions.
As a charity card, there are benefits to the National Trust of you using a National Trust card, including
- The National Trust will receive £36 if you use your card with 90 of opening your account
- For evey £100 you spend on your card, the National Trust will receive 30p
- Each year you continue to use the National Trust credit card they will receive £2.
The National Trust carries out vital work, relying on income from donations and realtionships such as this credit card, to help it work on protection and opening of our historc houses and gardens to the public.
It also looks after such as woods, forest, neaches, castles, archaeological remains and nature.
You can find out more about the work, places to visit and events on the National Trust website
MBNA issues The National Trust charity card. It also issues other charity credit cards, such as the RSPCA and WWF as well as retail cards, such as the BT credit card.