Continuing our series of credit card reviews, we now look at the BT credit card – what are the benefits?
You can apply for the BT credit card online and it will only take a few minutes. You will get an instant decision.
The BT credit card doesn’t have an annual fee and curently has an interest rate of 16.9% APR typical (variable).
Other key benefits of the credit inlcude include
- Earn money off your BT telephone and broadband bills (when charges are included with your telephone bill) – for every £1.50 spent on the card you earn a 1p reduction on your BT bills
- The credit card is directly linked to your BT home telephone and broadband accounts so the money automatically comes off, you don’t have to worry about using discount vouchers
- 0% interest on purchases for 3 months from date account is opened
- 0% interest on balance transfers for 13 months from date the account is opened. A transfer fee of 3% applies
- Online banking with paperless statements and opt in for balance updates by text
- Free fraud protection
- Free 24-hour worldwide customer help and support line
There are also exclusive offers for BT credit card holders.
For example, currently, as a card holder, if you order BT Total Broadband you’ll receive a welcome cheque for up to £55 depending on the broadband package you sign up for.
Just to top it all you have a choice of great colours for your card – Orchid Pink, Iconic Black, Forest Green and Cool Silver.
The BT credit card is issued by MBNA, one of the largest UK credit card issuers.