ASDA, part of Wal-Mart, is one of the UK supermarket chains that’s expanding their business into personal finance products, including car insurance. We review the benefits of this car insurance policy.
With the Comprehensive cover, there’s a wide range of cover included and there are a number of optional extras that you can choose from to provide you with the best car insurance to meet your needs.
One click to get a car insurance quote from ASDA – you’ll get the best deal from more than 20 top insurers, inlcuding such as AVIVA, AXA and Zurich, helping you save a lot of time, effort and money.
Buy car insurance online and you’ll save up to 10%.
What are the key Features and Benefits of ASDA car insurance?
- Up to 70% no claims discount – you will be rewarded for being a careful driver. You can get your car insurance at a lower price and you may be given the opportunity to protect your No Claims Discount
- Medical Expenses cover up to £250 (Comprehensive cover)
- Personal Accident cover up to £7,500 (Comprehensive cover)
- Stereo Equipment cover up to £500 (Comprehensive and Third Party Fire and Theft cover)
- Windscreen cover (Comprehensive cover)
- 24/7 claims line from a UK based customer service available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What are the Asda car insurance optional extras?
You can choose which optional extras you need to get yourself the best car insurance. Options available are
- Breakdown Cover – a beneficial addition to your policy, you’ll never know when you’ll need it but it’ll give you peace of mind. Breakdown services include roadside assistance, home recovery, emergency overnight accommodation and onward travel services
- Hire car – if ever your car can not be used and is off road following a claim you can have a hire car that you can use for a maximum of 14 days. This option can also be helpful when your car is stolen or has undergone a total loss
- Legal Expenses – up to £50,000
- European Travel Cover – you get automatic minimum compulsory insurance coverage for when you are driving in countries that are members of the European Union. This optional cover upgrades you from the compulsory level to the same level of cover as in the UK i.e. comprehensive.
How can you buy ASDA car insurane and are there any Discounts?
You can get a quote quickly and easily online or give ASDA a call to get one.
If you buy ASDA car insurance online you get up to a 10% discount.
Before you apply, make sure you have the following information
- Your car’s registration, make and model and the car’s age and any modification details
- Number of drivers, their details, age and their relationship to you
- Your driver’s license type and age
- Your driving history, including information on any claims or convictions
- Type of cover that you want – if you’re not sure, our article ‘Understanding the type of car insurance you need‘ might help
- Your annual mileage
- Your occupation details
- Your address details and information on where the car will be kept